We can't believe it, the Make Room is 1!!
To say it's been an amazing year is a bit of both and under- and over-statement. 2017, like all years, has been filled with personal highs and lows, professional challenges both positive and negative, and all with never-ending to-do's with what feels like never enough time. But, with our first year under our belt, we are ready to CELEBRATE and build on everything we've learned as we continue to GROW!
Amazing accomplishments at the MAKE ROOM in 2017:
1. Building the foundation for a safe and encouraging child-focused Maker Space.
2. Quirky one-of-a-kind features like the Drawing Machine and Art Vending Machine (both will be up and running THIS FRIDAY, January 5 from 5-8pm, bring quarters!)
3. MAKING MESSES
4. Varied, FUN, and challenging SUMMER CAMPS
5. Building COMMUNITY with like-minded individuals, entrepreneurs, and parents like you!
6. SO MUCH ART!
7. Seeing our students create their own CONFIDENCE.
Amazing things to come in 2018:
1. This BLOG! Stay tuned for posts featuring our local Maker of the Month, special event info, our Monthly Class Artist of the Month, and everything that's happening at the studio!
2. Calendar handouts!
3. Bike Rack Sculpture, so you can ride your bike to the studio and keep it safe while you MAKE!
4. West Texas Community Art Fund; preview info available HERE
5. Little Free Library
6. Special Guest Instructors for extra special Workshops, like our upcoming Cartooning + Caricature series with Guest Instructor JoJo Garcia (yes, spots are still available!)
7. ALL THE ART with MORE Classes, Camps, Parties, Adult Nights, and Open Studio Hours!
Thank you to everyone w